Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Avast thar! Be ye friend or foe?

Yesterday Daniel, Rachel, Abigail T., and I trooped over to a harbor close by to check out this event called Harbor Fest/OperationSail. There were around 51 ships, both naval and tall ships, that were docked in a strip of 3 1/2 miles long! We had a great time and Rachel got to do some hands on researching for a certain writing project in the works. :) Here are some of the pictures I was able to take before my battery died:



I think this was the same one that fired twice and scared the wits out of us!



Some of the crew aboard the Cuauhtemoc.

A Mexican sailor at the wheel.


Daniel was a bit disturbed by the deepness of the water we were inches away from




This hammocks were rawther comfortable!

Sailor's knots were abounding....

See? Told ya.

A straight-up shot

Ropes galore!

Rachel was very excited and impressed that this one carried a "moon raker". (the toppest sail a ship can have)

Very pumped up researcher person. ;)




I loved all the tons of masts, flags, and pennants!

This was a neat shot. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I envy you!!! That sounds like a ton of fun to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. III LOVVEEEE SHIPS!!!!!!!!!! I would have LOVVVEDD that!
    Cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete

If you are here to leave a comment, you are very muchy. You have much muchness in you, and we muchly appreciate it.
xoxo
Rachel and Sarah