Monday, January 14, 2013

In the Throes of Travel Planning......



Most of you have probably heard, but our church is planning a missions trip to Romania this spring. We're in the prep stage of applying for passports, raising funds (and lots of them) and scheduling plane flights.
Arad, Romania

Rachel and I both feel the Lord leading us to be a part of the team going over there, and are looking forward to Him working in amazing ways through the whole experience! Personally, I'm really psyched to participate in something like this! I've never been out of the country and am hoping/praying on my eyes being opened to the diverse world outside my cozy little circles.


I know we would all appreciate your prayers as to the details of this big trip, along with the overwhelming topic of funds. Basically a round trip plane ticket is close to $700 during the spring. That doesn't include the money needed for train transportation, food, or emergency stashes. :P For a young, unemployed person like myself, that is a bit like beating a dead horse. 
But.
I know that as the Lord has given me peace and led me here, He will be faithful to provide everything for this to happen. I'm trusting the Lord to lead us in profitable ways of fund-raising and praying fervently that He would take care of all the gazillions of details. I know this because of all the amazing ways He's already worked; giving us several different connections in Romania to churches there, a friend who's family has been serving in Romania for years (and who "just happens" to be going this spring as well;) and various other ways. 


Romania looks to be very beautiful and I'm very interested to meet and serve the people there. :)

gypsy family

boys in a gypsy village


Bucharest, Romania
Oh, and apart from the wonderful ministry, I'm excited to see a whole new culture, different ways of living, and the awesome architecture there seems to be there! :D
So, that's what's in bold, 72 pt. font on my prayer list right now. 
Until Later,
Sarah

p.s. I got back Sat. from a week spent at a ball and working on a media project of last year's DOD camp with great, fun, and hospitable friends. More on that later. :)



5 comments:

  1. SO SO SO excited for this opportunity for you and Sarah! Romania is a beautiful country - and I hope someday I'll get to go back and meet the people that so captured my parents hearts years ago. I'll be praying for the funds, and for all the details to fall into place. Have peace! God moves in mysterious ways, as you've experienced first hand before :D If He wants you to go, you'll go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized that my comment should read "you and Rachel". Which is what I was thinking when I wrote it, I just typed the wrong thing. It's the thought that counts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries. And thanks for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  3. My dad went to Romania once. Sounds like it will be a great opportunity. I will pray for your church's planning.
    If someone were to want to send money to your church for the trip how would they go about doing so?

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We set up a blog for this venture, so if you want to check out more info/learn how you can help, you can go here: www.suffolkchristianassembly.blogspot.com

      Delete

If you are here to leave a comment, you are very muchy. You have much muchness in you, and we muchly appreciate it.
xoxo
Rachel and Sarah